And You Are???? .....

Type A Images is a portrait and wedding photography company based in Wisconsin but available for any place your little heart desires! If you are interested in booking your event or session, hit me up on email!

Type A Images has been featured on The Rock and Roll Bride blog, The Offbeat Bride Blog, WeddingWire's Brides Choice for 2010 and 2011, and The Knot Best Of Weddings for 2011. Type A also offers a hospice photography program called Kindred Spirits through the Beloit Regional Hospice, which was featured as WPPI's Photolanthropy of the Month for September 2010.

2.18.2011

Friday Fractured Thought | Milwaukee Wedding Photographer

-This week I did my FIRST (and...let's face it, probably last) bridal show. Now, don't get me wrong...it was okay. I met a lot of couples and vendors as well. But, I don't think it's my thing. For one, putting together a workable booth is a LOT harder than it looks. I am no interior designer. I was just hoping I could come away with something that did not resemble a 6th grade science fair display. For another, because by the time I did the show I was nearly booked for 2011, I found I had to turn a lot of people away for dates....which sucked. Also, I had the booth right next to Simma's bakery....and they were giving away cake. Which was just mean.


I put together a little "Anatomy of My Booth" tutorial here.....enjoy.

- This week was also punctuated by illness. I was sick all last week and through the bridal show (I tried not to shake anyone's hand or sneeze on anyone...and if I sounded a bit looped, blame DayQuil). Then, Betty got sick.....and we got to experience our first "big girl" throw-up episode. TMI, perhaps...but there is a large, marked difference between baby puke and big girl puke. Large.

- We also had the Grammy's this week, which I watched in its entirety for, I think, the first time since high school. Gaga.....gotta love her. Music needs a little ridiculousness. However, I do not think music need Bieber.....I mean, I'm sure he's a nice kid and all...but I guess I'm old. I don't get it.

- Valentine's Day came and went (and while I'm on the subject, can we please stop calling it VD?). Typically the husband and I don't really celebrate this Hallmarky-ist of holidays. But this year I got candy...and flowers...and a pack of pacifiers. The husband sure does know how to woo a lady.

- How great was Ken Jennings back on Jeopardy....even if he DID get his butt kicked by a computer (I call shenenigans).

-The bridal world was all a-twitter (and a-Facebook) about Anthropologie's new bridal line. Where the hell was this when I was getting married? I could have escaped the lameness of David's Bridal!

- Did my taxes this week.....and that's all I'm gonna say about that. Let's just put it this way. I LOVE being self-employed. LOVE it. I wouldn't trade it for the world. But I miss getting tax refunds. Self-Employment tax is no joke.

- I have some major web-based changes in the works for Type A....which should be completed in the next month or so....a new look, a new space....and some birds.

- And speaking of Type A....I'm running a Smugmug sale now through the 1st day of Spring (March 20th)...so some of you folks can get a deal on art for your home! Just enter the code: SPRINGCLEAN during your Smugmug checkout.

- 2011 is fast becoming full for weddings. My goal was to only take 25 this year....but I will probably surpass that....especially if something super-awesome comes along : ). But getting your inquiry in NOW is heavily advised.

- Also, I'm opening up bookings for Spring portrait sessions. Booking those now assures that you will get today's pricing.....pricing will be going up this spring.

- Now, I would be pretty flippant if I didn't at least mention the historic protests happening in Madison this week. I will not, however, get all political on my blog.....it's not the time nor the place. I will say it is fascinating seeing it all unfold, and I have some friends who have taken some AMAZING images. I think, no matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on...when things like this happen it really is an interesting time to be a photographer. Especially if, like me, you're really into documentary photography. I wish I could have made it up to Madison to watch it unfold in front of my lens. Alas, sick kids and hubby's on business trips have kept me home...but I love that my friends have made the time to go out and document this historic event. Because, that is what is at the root of our jobs: documentation. No matter what our belief system, we can take that perspective and apply it to the art of photojournalism. How cool is that?

- I said I wasn't going to whine about it anymore...but I lied. A large portion of my pals are hopping on planes this weekend and heading off to Vegas for the WPPI Convention. I missed it last year.....I missed it this year....Next year I really don't care if my husband has to take 4 days off of work and sit with the kids...I am GOING. TO. WPPI.

- This weekend. I have a newborn session in Chicago, and I'm REGISTERING. BETTY. FOR. 4K. No way.

This week I also got a new seamless paper color. A little odd, because when I ordered it the color looked mint green.....when I got it....it's pretty grass green. But what-evs. Got a few shots of the kiddo.....enjoy : )



1 Peanut Gallery.:

Emily Kunash said...

You are so entertaining. This made my Friday. Also, hot picture in your booth :) Finally, Betty is adorable and I can't get enough.


So You're EnGAYged Professional Photographer Member of the DWFWeddings, Wedding Venues2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More