And You Are???? .....

Type A Images is a portrait and wedding photography company based in Wisconsin but available for any place your little heart desires! If you are interested in booking your event or session, hit me up on email!

Type A Images has been featured on The Rock and Roll Bride blog, The Offbeat Bride Blog, WeddingWire's Brides Choice for 2010 and 2011, and The Knot Best Of Weddings for 2011. Type A also offers a hospice photography program called Kindred Spirits through the Beloit Regional Hospice, which was featured as WPPI's Photolanthropy of the Month for September 2010.

1.31.2010

Ice Ice....Baby. | Milwaukee Wedding Photographer.

"Yo VIP....Let's kick it"
- Vanilla Ice



Amy and Ryan's whole wedding day was a study in multi-faceted interests and talents. It kicked off at the absolutely GORGEOUS Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist in downtown Milwaukee. You have to check this place out, it is just stunning...and the Crucifix is quite possibly one of the most amazing and interesting I've seen.

From the ceremony the bridal party and I ventured on to Red Arrow Park where Amy, Ryan, and the group laced up their skates and headed on to the ice. Ryan is a hockey player and his skills on the ice were apparent. Amy was no slouch on skates either. I, on the other hand, just wore my shoes on the ice. Probably against some Red Arrow Park rule, I'm sure....but I'm positive neither Amy nor Ryan would have been overly impressed with my shots had I been shooting on skates!

We hit up the Calatrava as well as Third Ward. I have to say, I absolutely love a relaxed, "up for anything" bridal party. No rushing, very open to suggestions, and throwing in a few of their own made for some really cool pictures.

The reception was held at The Astor Hotel and the ice theme definitely carried over, from the monogrammed ice luge for martinis to the little icicle touches on their cake.

Amy and Ryan's reception was an absolute blast. Their dinner music was provided by local impersonator Downtown Harrison who was just fabulous (and a super-nice guy! He's going to be on America's Got Talent if you want to check it out!). After dinner, guest were treated to the live act Chapter 2. They were great as well...and they had LASERS. It was awesome!

But the best part of the night had to be when the groom picked up the guitar himself and he and two of his groomsmen played a few songs. They were really wonderful, and it was a great way to end the night.

Amy and Ryan, I had a great time capturing your event. Enjoy your sneak peek and enjoy your honeymoon!!!






Men in Skates.


How cool is Amy? A bride in skates....you have to love it!



I've been wanting to set up a shot like this for some time. Are you ready to play the Feud?!
Quick tip: rings stick to ice. Just an FYI.

Ryan does his thing (and yes, he does look EXACTLY like Seth Rogan. I'm sure he's heard that a few times!)

Ceremony: Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
Reception: The Astor Hotel
Dinner Entertainment: Downtown Harrison
Band: Chapter 2

2 Peanut Gallery.:

alise said...

these are great! What a fun couple! Brave bride getting on the skates! If I tried that, for sure I would be on my butt :) And I love that we have the same reception place, these pictures make me even more pumped for my wedding! coming up so soon!

Mandie said...

So glad it turned out to be bearable! The shots are gorgeous. Love it.


So You're EnGAYged Professional Photographer Member of the DWFWeddings, Wedding Venues2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More