And You Are???? .....

Type A Images is a portrait and wedding photography company based in Wisconsin but available for any place your little heart desires! If you are interested in booking your event or session, hit me up on email!

Type A Images has been featured on The Rock and Roll Bride blog, The Offbeat Bride Blog, WeddingWire's Brides Choice for 2010 and 2011, and The Knot Best Of Weddings for 2011. Type A also offers a hospice photography program called Kindred Spirits through the Beloit Regional Hospice, which was featured as WPPI's Photolanthropy of the Month for September 2010.

9.06.2010

Every Love Song Ever Written. | Madison Wedding Photographer.

My love for you is immeasurable
My respect for you immense
You're ageless, timeless, lace and fineness
You're beauty and elegance

You're a rhapsody, a comedy
You're a symphony and a play
You're every love song ever written
But honey what do you see in me

- Rod Stewart

This has been a pretty relaxed Labor Day weekend (as it should be!) and I was looking forward to a mid weekend wedding with Abigail and Mark at the Monona Terrace in Madison.

Despite torrential downpours a few days prior, yesterday was absolutely beautiful...if not a bit humid (which will come into play in a moment!)

I made my way to the Hilton Monona Terrace to meet up with the gals and entered the nicely air-conditioned room where the "getting ready" portion of the day was taking place. Getting ready to start shooting, I got my 17-70mm and my 85mm out of my bag, attached them to their respective bodies, and that's when I realized that the transition from humid to frigid air-conditioned air had caused my 85mm to fog over like a Scottish moor. Now, without taking proper precautions (things like putting the lens in a ziploc bag helps, apparently) there isn't much you can do to get rid of lens fog outside of waiting it out. So...here's why you need multiple lenses and equipment, my friends! You just never know!

Bummed but not out of the game, I decided to work WITH the fog a bit on the first image here. If the Pictoralists can smear Vaseline on their lenses, I can certainly use a bit of hazy lens fog to my advantage! : ) I really like the way it turned out: dreamy and "bridal".

The ceremony was held in the beautiful Grand Terrace room and the reception that followed was topped off with some amazing dancing (moonwalking, poppin' and lockin', line dancing the likes of which I've yet to see....good stuff!)

It was a great day....the rain stayed away for the most part and Abigail had a perma-smile the entire night, which I love to see!

Enjoy the sneak peek, guys! I had a wonderful time!

(And yes, the fog eventually cleared.... :) )

Lens Fog used for good, not evil.
The Monona Terrace Grand Terrace room is all windows, which filled the room with a nice, hazy light




I absolutely love how these Terrace images just SCREAM "We're in MADISON!" Represent!




Ceremony and Reception: Monona Terrace Madison, WI
Videographer: Jamie Klappa

1 Peanut Gallery.:

Jessi said...

I love all of these pictures. They did a great job of capturing this amazing wedding weekend.

Blog Archive


So You're EnGAYged Professional Photographer Member of the DWFWeddings, Wedding Venues2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More