And You Are???? .....

Type A Images is a portrait and wedding photography company based in Wisconsin but available for any place your little heart desires! If you are interested in booking your event or session, hit me up on email!

Type A Images has been featured on The Rock and Roll Bride blog, The Offbeat Bride Blog, WeddingWire's Brides Choice for 2010 and 2011, and The Knot Best Of Weddings for 2011. Type A also offers a hospice photography program called Kindred Spirits through the Beloit Regional Hospice, which was featured as WPPI's Photolanthropy of the Month for September 2010.

12.03.2010

Friday Fractured Thought - Baby Edition! | Milwaukee Wedding Photographer

Molly Anne Reseburg
6 lbs 0 oz 18 "
Born December 2, 2010 4:14 AM

Well, what had been shaping up to be a relatively quiet week took an unexpected turn. So, I give you the Friday Fractured Thoughts.....Baby edition!

Tuesday morning I woke up with an OB appt. on my schedule...and a raging sinus infection. I felt absolutely terrible as I trudged my way to the doctor's office. The nurse gave me a sympathetic look as she got my weight (181!! Eeeek!) and sat me down to take my blood pressure. My only thought was "let's get this done so I can go home and collapse into bed".

Well, not so fast there....my BP was up. And my limbs were all swollen. I had been seeing sparkly spots. I had a massive headache. All that added up to one thing: pre-eclampsia.

Wonderful.

They admitted me to the hospital for observation. I wasn't worried. I figured they get everything stablized and send me home to finish up all the stuff I still needed to do before baby's due date.

Hours passed....my BP fluctuated....and after 24 hours my doc came in with a look of "So...you thought you were going home, eh?"

Not so fast!

He recommended inducing. Oy. Vey. My first thought was "I don't even have CURTAINS for the baby's room yet!"

My 2nd thought? Jon...who was away on business.

After some tense calls and sending my father in law down to Chicago to pick up Jon, we prepared to go ahead. They started the Pitocin drip. Nothing really happened. After a few hours I got an epidural (ouch) and then...more waiting. And sleeping...and waiting. Finally, I sent Jon off to sleep in my other room and I tried to sleep as well. I had gotten next to no sleep in the last 24 hours...and I certainly hadn't planned on having to labor on top of it all.

I was getting impatient after 6 hours and wondered when things would start to get going. I decided to try and shift my position in bed and WHAM!!!!! The baby dropped and I was ready to go. Evidently the epidural worked so well I had no idea the baby was RIGHT. THERE.

Everyone sprung into action...they went and woke up Jon and literally about 5 mins later Molly Anne Reseburg entered the world. Easy as pie.

She was teeny weenie and had a full head of fuzzy dark brown hair.

So, the week didn't exactly unfold as I had planned. I have TWO KIDS. Wow. It's going to take some adjustments to get used to it all, but it's kind of like riding a bike. A very demanding bike that deprives you of sleep.

I am so so happy that she's here and healthy and safe. And I am so so happy to not be pregnant anymore, I have to be honest. I'm looking forward to getting home, getting into a routine (do you expect anything less from a Type A gal?) and getting Miss Betty acclimated to Big Sisterhood. So far, so good. She's very into "can I take care of the baby?" and being a "big helper". Hopefully she doesn't tire of that too quickly. I think once she realizes the squeaky thing isn't going anywhere she may put up a bit of a fuss. I mean...it's not like Betty is the center of attention or anything....really!

I promise lots of pictures to follow (of course!) and thank you everyone for the well-wishes and support! I can't think of a better early Christmas present!

Time of Arrival
She has super duper tiny feet. Obviously not taking after me.
The HAIR. Cracks me up. It almost looks highlighted.
A family of four.

12 Peanut Gallery.:

maureen cassidy said...

WOW! What a story and journey. I adore the last picture. It is so sweet to have a family photo so early! I hope you all are well.

Rachel said...

Oh oh oh! She's gorgeous! Congratulations. :)

Laura Z said...

yes! good stuff! it definitely is " a very demanding bike that deprives you of sleep" and also makes you a little crazy... good luck! and how nice to not be pregnant anymore!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the world, baby Molly!! Congratulations -- she's beautiful!

Nina said...

Congrats!!

the red gecko said...

What a wonderful & beautiful family you guys are!! I can't wait to watch her grow up and watch Betty become a big sister (through your blog, of course)! Congratulations & much love to you.

Angela said...

Congrats to you and your family! What a great Christmas gift and cute baby. :) Happy holidays to the Reseburg's!

Nat said...

She is adorable! Congratulations!!

L said...

congratulations! she is beautiful! :-)

C. said...

She is SO sweet and you are going to love having two. Watching my two together is the sweetest thing in the world. Congratulations again and welcome to the world, baby girl.

Barb Stephens said...

Awww! She is fabulous!! What a precious little family you have!! Congratulations!!!

prettipenny said...

Congratulations, she is such a beauty!


So You're EnGAYged Professional Photographer Member of the DWFWeddings, Wedding Venues2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More