And You Are???? .....

Type A Images is a portrait and wedding photography company based in Wisconsin but available for any place your little heart desires! If you are interested in booking your event or session, hit me up on email!

Type A Images has been featured on The Rock and Roll Bride blog, The Offbeat Bride Blog, WeddingWire's Brides Choice for 2010 and 2011, and The Knot Best Of Weddings for 2011. Type A also offers a hospice photography program called Kindred Spirits through the Beloit Regional Hospice, which was featured as WPPI's Photolanthropy of the Month for September 2010.

12.28.2010

You Say You Want a Resolution | Milwaukee Wedding Photographer

Happy Almost 2011!


As "Miss Type A" I delight in making lists. I am, in fact, a compulsive list maker. So, when it comes to the end of the year and I have to sit and come up with resolutions for the New Year, I welcome the task. I believe that just by writing it down I am held to following through on the resolution, no matter what.

Of course, it doesn't always work out that way...

I tend to aim a bit high...and I tend to expect WAY too much of myself. Not necessarily a BAD thing, but because I aim a bit TOO high I tend to abandon most of my resolutions by March.

So I'm going to try something new this year. I'm going to make my list....and I'm going to ask you, dear Interwebs, to keep me accountable. Kick my arse into gear, if you will. I'm putting my list out there in the public forum in hopes that if I promise to commit my time to something and then fail, some Internet pal will email me and say "Hey! Get with the program!"

Accountability. Trying something new.

So, coming into 2011, I hope to:

1. Focus on lighting. I want to learn the ins and out of lighting portraits, lighting weddings, and getting the most out of off-camera flash. It's something that kind of scares me a bit, and I'm taking it all on as my biggest challenge this year. I'm building a studio in my basement as a practice "hub"...in hopes that I'll hit my stride by this spring.

2. Dress better. No more pink plaid jackets. Seriously.

3. Be more patient with my kid(s). Now, being that you (the Internet) don't live with me you'll kind of just have to take my word for it that I'm increasing my patience in 2011. But, I'm trustworthy!

4. Education! I resolve to take at least 3 workshops this year. First up? David E Jackson's portrait workshop in March.

5. Learn to say "No". This is important...even though I hate to do it. In order to maintain my sanity and have time in my life to, oh I dunno, sleep...breathe....just be. I have to learn not to accept everything that comes along, work related or not...and to let go of the guilt that comes with saying "No".

So there it is....kind of a tall order, I know, but here's hoping I can at least make it to, say, June before I abandon all hope!

I'm looking forward to 2011...it's going to be a fabulous year for Type A....I can just feel it. I'll see you all in the New Year!!!

0 Peanut Gallery.:


So You're EnGAYged Professional Photographer Member of the DWFWeddings, Wedding Venues2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More