And You Are???? .....

Type A Images is a portrait and wedding photography company based in Wisconsin but available for any place your little heart desires! If you are interested in booking your event or session, hit me up on email!

Type A Images has been featured on The Rock and Roll Bride blog, The Offbeat Bride Blog, WeddingWire's Brides Choice for 2010 and 2011, and The Knot Best Of Weddings for 2011. Type A also offers a hospice photography program called Kindred Spirits through the Beloit Regional Hospice, which was featured as WPPI's Photolanthropy of the Month for September 2010.

10.17.2010

Abandoned Buildings and an Entourage | Milwaukee Engagement Photographer

Whenever I have more than 1 sitting in 1 day, I always challenge myself to come up with something different for each....I try not to repeat the previous "performance" and I try to keep things "fresh".


Today, Katie and Brady (my 2nd couple for the day) made it easy by not only being open to trying out a new venue for me...but by bringing "help" : ) . This allowed me to do some off-camera light stuff that I'm testing the waters on....and I really like the results.

We met at the couple's home in Milwaukee...which isn't too far from where I used to live (and the location my GPS still calls home....awww...sniffles). After a few shots there we ventured over to the Menomonee River Parkway with entourage in tow to help with hair mishaps and flash-holding. It was quite awesome. I may travel with an entourage more often.

From there I wanted to hit up the abandoned buildings on Swan Blvd. The buildings (which if you live in Milwaukee you've probably passed a zillion times) used to be an agricultural school and an orphanage at one point (not a sanitarium, like some have suggested, that is a different building off of Mayfair apparently). But, they are super cool looking and with the sun setting behind them, I was completely jazzed to try them out.

I have to thank Katie, Brady, and their "entourage" for being major troopers and following me all over as I searched out parking and walked them through the fields to the destination. I hope it was worth it, I certainly think it was!

Enjoy the sneak peek!









I big huge pink-puffy-heart this picture. Not sure what it is about it that I just adore, but I LOVE it.
The "entourage"

Locations: Private Home
Menomonee River Parkway/Hoyt Park



1 Peanut Gallery.:

Natalie Perry said...

the shot under the tree with the berries......BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Blog Archive


So You're EnGAYged Professional Photographer Member of the DWFWeddings, Wedding Venues2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More