And You Are???? .....

Type A Images is a portrait and wedding photography company based in Wisconsin but available for any place your little heart desires! If you are interested in booking your event or session, hit me up on email!

Type A Images has been featured on The Rock and Roll Bride blog, The Offbeat Bride Blog, WeddingWire's Brides Choice for 2010 and 2011, and The Knot Best Of Weddings for 2011. Type A also offers a hospice photography program called Kindred Spirits through the Beloit Regional Hospice, which was featured as WPPI's Photolanthropy of the Month for September 2010.

10.01.2010

Friday Fractured Thought | Milwaukee Wedding Photographer

Well...I knew it was coming. I've been struck down with the first cold of the season. Funny thing is, this time LAST year I got a massive flu...same time I had to shoot a Friday wedding AND Saturday wedding AND portrait sittings on the Sunday. My schedule knows this stuff is coming and decides to throw a cold in the mix on purpose.

- Oh. my. GAWD...Dexter. How awesome was the Dexter premiere?! What shocks me is that there are still some people out there who haven't seen this show. Your lives are lacking! Get on it!

- This Tuesday, the husband and I are going to see Jimmy Eat World in Milwaukee. TOTALLY psyched! Their new album is fabulous. I was super-pregnant LAST time I saw them, too...this time plans include waiting outside of the venue to get a shot with Jim Adkins....my super-crush.

- I spent the majority of my week at the Brandon Perron workshop (see review below) and got to spend some extra time getting my feet wet with some off-camera flash. This has always been a bit of a thorn in my side, but I think I'm getting more comfortable with it and I can't wait to unleash it on some unsuspecting brides and grooms.

- Last week I got my new linen-paper guestbook album sample in the mail and it is beautiful. It's going along with some package changes/tweaks I'm making. It's very "minimalist" but absolutely timeless and lovely. I really like it (and I know you will too!)

- I've been in touch with a graphic designer pal of mine and we're in the VERY infant stages of planning Type A Images' new website (WOO HOO!). Very excited about what's to come.

- Ahem...mini-sessions. Folks...seriously, I'm completely booked for regular sessions in October so this is a great way to get those Christmas card pictures taken and not have to go to the Picture People or something equally scary. Shoot me an email, I still have 7 spots open. And I'm not going to shut up about it until they're full so you might as well just get it over with. : )

- Speaking of "booked", I'm about 1/2 full for 2011 weddings, so if he "put a ring on it", so-to-speak, hit me up and let's talk.

- So sad about Tony Curtis : (

- So, if you're kind of out of the Twitter-sphere loop, you may have missed the big "wedding photography" related announcement this week that uber-famous "photographer to the stars" Denis Reggie is partnering with kind of scary "photographer mill" Bella. Far be it for me to begrudge the guy's need or desire to make some money, but this pairing just seems off. It's kind of like if Gwar decided to partner with Celine Dion for a duets album. Just doesn't fit. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Coming up soon on the blog: I have a wedding this evening and tomorrow, as well as a family session and a birthday party session on Sunday, so it may be just major blog action for the next few days as I roll out the sneak-peeks (and sneak in some time to actually sleep at some point).

Next week I get to travel down to the Chicago area and meet my friend's new baby, Nevin, and photograph her. SUPER jazzed for that as well.

And here, for your moment-o-Betty, we have my kid's puzzle building skills caught on "film". She did that puzzle all by her lonesome (I was too busy laying on the couch complaining about my stuffy nose). My kid rocks. Last night, as we were getting ready to put her to bed, she asked us to say goodnight in "Chimese" (that's Betty speak for Chinese). Nick Jr. is making my kid tri-lingual. Who says TV is bad? : )


Not the BEST pic of the kid...but what do you want? I'm a bit under the weather!

0 Peanut Gallery.:

Blog Archive


So You're EnGAYged Professional Photographer Member of the DWFWeddings, Wedding Venues2011 Bride's Choice Awards | Best Wedding Photographers, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Florists, Wedding Planners & More